CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 19, 2005


What can I say about this picture besides the fact that I look absolutely ridiculous? Lee and Lynn look great. I look like a pale ass, cocaine addicted butch lesbian. Which, I assure you, I am not. But anyways. This is what happened after we snapped this picture:

Lynn: I look fake, like someone from a wax museum!

Me: Jesus, I look like a boy! I look like my dad. I LOOK LIKE MY DAD WITH BLACK HAIR. OH JESUS HELP ME NOW.

Lee: I look good.

I love you guys.

Actually, I'm waiting for Lynn to call. I'm supposed to be helping her with some documentation that she needs for something, and I am waiting for her to call me. I hope she does. I'm bored. I shopped all day and got a bunch of Christmas stuff. I am not going to decorate until the day after Thanksgiving, and when I do I'll post pictures. This is my favorite time of year. I was quite surprised when my dear husband was so agreeable to all the money we spent on everything. It was nice not having to pay for it all myself, though. I guess it's all the same in the long run, anyways.

Ever since Andyro posted a comment on my journal a few weeks ago wanting to know why I haven't written anything to be published yet, I said that I cannot write unless I am completely alone and have one hundred percent assurance that no one is going to read it until I am done. That is a big dilemma in this house, because my husband is nosy, and my kid never leaves me alone. And right now, we're all on the same schedule, so none of us really gets any alone time. That will change after the winter semester starts, which is January 10th. Winter semester I am taking all night classes, and I will have Tuesdays and Fridays off. My dear husband and I were talking last night about writing...he knows I have a passion for writing but he hasn't seen any evidence of that except in papers I write for school. He has never read anything I have ever really written for myself, because I keep it securely under lock and key. I actually haven't written anything for my own enjoyment for years, but when I get into it, I become comatose and don't even notice the passage of time. I have even been known to forget to eat, which is rarer than snow showers in South Florida. So anyway, we were talking about it, and I said that I might go ahead and buy myself another computer that only I can use, because I have been feeling the writing itch coming on. Anyone who writes knows what I'm talking about. It's a persistent, nagging, very strong pull that is hard to ignore. He said something about a laptop, and I said, "Well, I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a laptop. I'll just buy a new computer and use the old one for my manuscripts." (I say that in the plural, like I'm Stephen King. Ha.) My dear husband says, "You already have a laptop. Why don't you use that?" HALLELUJAH! I forgot all about my laptop, which I bought last Christmas for traveling. I totally forgot about it. The best part about using my laptop is that it's password controlled. NO ONE CAN USE IT BUT ME. So, today, when we went out shopping, dear husband bought me a new coffeepot and come Monday morning, I'm going to brewing a pot of coffee and writing until my fingers fall off. I don't know what it takes to be published, but I am not afraid to find out.

So this is for you, Andyro. You will be the first to read it. And I will dedicate it to you, my little muse...my inspiration. I love you.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted this once already, but your friend Lynn is very pretty!

MissJester said...

I told her you said that and she said, "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".....LOL..she is very pretty isnt she?