CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 26, 2005






Well, I have a lot to write about, but today I did something I have wanted to do for a while.

I've been following the journal of http://www.allprowaiter.blogspot.com/ for quite some time, and I asked him to link my journal to his so that his fans can read me, too, if they choose to. I haven't really tried actively publishing this blog yet, but he's really fucking cool so I am sure he'll do it. And I have to figure out how to link his journal to mine. I'm pissed off that I can't figure it out. I feel stupid.

So, anyway, Thanksgiving was fun. I guess. LOL. Actually, it was pretty fun overall, even though the turkey smoked for over an hour, which caused us to open all the windows. Then we all got cold, so we sat around in our coats and shoes laughing about the fact that we were dressed up in our coats and shoes. Then Lynn's five year old screamed, "FIRE!" while all the adults were huddled in the bathroom smoking. I started walking toward the kitchen when I was quickly passed on my right by James, who frantically began throwing baking soda into the oven, which had, indeed, caught on fire. (But not the turkey!) Shawn was holding the oven door open, saying, "Yep. It's on fire." Lynn yelled, "Shut the fucking door!" and that's when James ran in, tight pants and all, to throw baking soda on it. But not before Lynn grabbed the turkey out of there. Then the house really began to fill up with smoke so everyone huddled in front of the fireplace, laughing. When the food was done, it was really good, especially this stuffing Lynn made. I asked her what it was, but I don't listen very well, so I know it had cornbread and sausage in it and that's about it. None of us had dessert but Shawn drank too much and before we started playing this board game, Cranium, James offered Shawn more beer. I interrupted and said no, he didn't need any more to drink. He was already slurring his words. Plus, you would have to know Shawn. I don't normally boss people around (well, yes, I do, but that's besides the point!) but I can't stand being around drunk ass people, and especially my husband. So, anyway, Shawn didn't really say much about it and Lynn and James were good sports about it, until suddenly Shawn started calling me a bitch and other various names. I kept my cool and didn't yell back, but I did go out into the kitchen to make a phone call. While I was out there, Shawn told Lynn and James that he was going to slit my throat. Lynn, shocked, replied that he could not do that...besides, he'd already told them about it so the only place he would go to is prison. Shawn said he'd take care of that by killing himself. (This is why I hate him drinking.) Believe it or not, we had this sick ass conversation while playing Cranium, which included humming songs and shaping things out of clay. Can you say d-y-s-f-u-n-c-t-i-o-n? Hell, can you even imagine? "Hey! I got it! That song you're humming is 'Raindrops Are Falling On My Head!' And by the way bitch, sleep with one eye open tonight, cuz I'm going to draw a smiley face on your throat with my ginseng knife! Would you move my gamepiece three spaces down to the blue spot? Thanks."

Welcome to my world.

Today I decorated the house. I started to put up the tree yesterday, but I did it all wrong and Shawn had to fix it. Last night we put the lights and garland on it, and today we strung up the lights outside. I also made our stockings and hung them up. I know, I know, boring stuff. I haven't really done shit today, except decorate and watch "Good Times." I used to watch this show all the time as a kid and it just recently came back to TV on TVLand. Today at 6AM they started an 18 hour Good Times marathon, which I am taping. I haven't even really talked on the phone today. I called Lynn at around 9:15 but got no answer. I'm not even in the mood for online bowling, but we do bowl with Lynn and James tomorrow. I still have a little homework to do but I just can't seem to get in the mood to do it. I don't think I will. Fuck it. I'll do it next week. I work better under pressure anyway. LOL. I think I'm gonna soak in my whirpool tub and watch more Good Times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of party! When you get done doing your lights, can you come over and string them on my house? The one side has an 80 foot drop off though... so bring a tall ladder.

MissJester said...

We only lit up the trees that stand in front of our house. Me? Get on a ladder? HA! I'm so afraid of heights that I get scared when I'm driving my PT Cruiser. LOL.