CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 08, 2005


This is one of my favorite pictures of me. It was taken after I got home from going to dinner with my friends from Pensacola Junior College, Melissa and Whitney. I sometimes miss my long, full, gorgeous curly hair that everyone complimented me on. I was like, "But it's fake." "It doesn't matter, it goes great with your green eyes." "Uh, well, my eyes aren't really green. They're blue." LOL.

Sometimes I really miss Florida. Not very often, but sometimes. Probably because I am experiencing end of the semester burn out and I miss PJC. PJC was a good commnity college, one of the best in the state of Florida. Hard to believe I've been in school for almost two years now. I remember how scared I was the first day, and now it all comes so naturally to me. (Yeah fucking right. Who am I kidding? I have a ton of papers to write and here I am, wasting my energy on this. LOL.)

So anyway, I have fifteen minutes more that I have allotted myself before it's time to start the laundry and spaghetti, and then after that I have to work on assignments. But I wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone about this fucking asshole prick that's in my psychology class. Matter of fact, I am going to call him "Dick." See, Dick thinks he is smarter than the teacher. (Where he gets this information, I don't know.) And not only does he feel that he is superior to her, he also feels superior to others. Well, those that know me well know that that shit don't fly with me. Even if you are superior in some way, there is no reason to act like a fucking asshole. So anyway, we're sitting class yesterday and the teacher is going over some material for our next test. The whole time she's speaking, Dick is talking loud enough for her to hear and loud enough to distract the class. It's as if he could care less. She told him to knock it off and continued with her lecture. He didn't stop though. He continued making sarcastic little comments, such as, "I don't need this class anyway," or "Dyad is spelled D-Y-A-D, NOT D-I-A-D." The teacher, who really IS a horrible speller and admits it, just laughed it off but I was getting more and more irritated. I live my life by the rule that you treat people the way you yourself would want to be treated. There is no reason to treat anyone as if you feel you are better than them. I don't associate with people like that. So anyway, he wouldn't quit talking and distracting the class, so the teacher decided to take action. This is what happened. (By the way, I should mention that this class takes place in a video interaction room. So while she is teaching us in person, she is also teaching the same class, by video, to a class in Cass City, about an hour from here.)

Teacher: "Hey, Dick, you need to stop playing back there. You're distracting the class. Hey Cass, City, take a look at Dick. You can watch what he's doing." She aims the camera right at him, and he doesn't like it.

Dick: "Hey, I don't need that right on me."

(Teacher ignores him. He's a big guy, so most of the class keeps silent.)

Dick begins packing up his things in a huff. I guess he doesn't like it when people put him on the spot.

Teacher: "Where are you going? This is important material you need to know for your test."

Dick, pissy: "I don't need to worry about it. This class is like cake to me." (He actually says it just like that. Like a prissy schoolgirl. Only problem is, he used the euphemism out of context. He should have said, "This class is as easy as cake." But, since he's obviously a genius, he makes up his own phrases. I shudder to be in the presence of such brilliance.

Teacher: "Okay then. Tell me about the arousal theory."

Dick, unpeturbed: "The arousal theory is about sex."

There are a few laughs in the room. Most people think he is joking, and I am one of them. The text says nothing about sex in reference to the arousal theory. I know, because I've read it like a good little student. But I think he is just being an ass, until I turn around in my chair and see that he is clearly not joking.

Teacher: "Sex? Okay. In what way? What does the arousal theory state?"

Dick: "Well, it's about sex and I don't have to answer that question anyway." (His tone of voice is combative and his body language suggests he's defensive. I haven't spent two years studying psychology and social work for nothing.)

Teacher, laughing: "Well, it's your choice, but I think you should stay for the rest of the lecture."

Dick: "No, I'm not going to sit here and put up with this." And then he begins to bitch about the teacher, how she can't spell, how there's no homework and that's a good thing because a second grader could pass this class, and blah blah blah. I can't remember all that he said, because I was, to be honest, more than a little embarassed that he would speak to her like that. And as he continues to speak, I start to feel anger coming on. I mean, I'm a nice person but I can be outspoken at times, especially against people like him. I don't appreciate sitting there having to listen to a litany of bullshit from some half wit prick just because he feels as if his rights are being infringed upon. This is the same guy who came to class last test day, signed the attendance sheet, and slipped out the door. Then he concocted some pity story in order to get the teacher to let him take the test late, when the rest of us had to take it on the day scheduled. That's pussy shit. And I don't respect pussies at all. So, after about two minutes of listening to his mouth, I turned around in my seat and said," Do you think you're smarter than the rest of us?"

You could have heard a pin drop, but then again, there were a few people giggling as well. Most people that I talk to in that class don't like him anyway, so everyone was staring at me, the quiet one, wondering what it was that I was going to say. I didn't disappoint them.

He didn't answer, just looked at me as if I were really quite stupid, then mumbled something about being smarter than the teacher. I responded with, "Well, you're distracting everyone else and I think you're an asshole." Then I turned back around in my seat and stared straight ahead. Some people openly laughed. He didn't respond, just grabbed his backpack and left. I don't play games like that with people. I refuse to let some fucker with a small dick make me feel inferior to anything. From the first day he joined the class, he made sure he came across as arrogant as possible. That just shows me he has low self esteem for some reason. Maybe he really does have a small dick, but he's not going to waste my time and money by showing his ass. He can do that somewhere else. I look forward to class on Wednesday to see if he's there. And if he is, I am just waiting for him to say something else that I can jump on. The teacher can defend herself; she's a clinical psychologist and has probably seen a lot of people like him in her day. But he is not going to sit there and waste my time with his bullshit. I am not the one. Not only that, but there is no way that he is smarter than everyone in that class. Not even on his best day. And he definitely NOT smarter than me. Passivity is not in my blood. But competition is. So I am waiting to see if he says anything to me at all. If he does, he will regret it.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: