CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I don't have much time to write, since I am switching a couple of rooms in my house around (BY MYSELF, EVEN! WOW!) but I just felt the need to ask a couple of things.

Has anyone watched an episode or two of Cheers? I've been catching it on Nick at Nite. You know, that show from the 80's with Woody Harrelson, Kelsey Grammer, Rhea Perlman, Shelley Long, and that other guy whose name I can't remember but who plays Sam on the show? I guess this show was quite a good one, lasting many seasons. I find it really stupid.

First of all, there are no black people, not even the token black guy that's usually on shows like this. Second of all, don't these people have jobs? I know that one of them is a mailman, but instead of delivering the mail, he's sitting in some pub throwing down the brew like it aint no thing but a chicken wing. Get to work, fat ass! Who the fuck has time to sit in a bar and bullshit all day, unless you're on unemployment and happen to be an alcoholic? They all act like they're best friends and rarely does someone new come into the bar.

Now, Shelley Long's character...I forget the name. I've only been watching this a few days. But that bitch is an egotistical, arrogant, manipulative, two faced, fake ass bitch and no one likes her....yet, everyone kisses her ass. Why? Even the owner of the bar, Sam, kisses her ass. Screw it, dude! She's a fuckin employee. Fire her fucking ass! But no, instead,she prances around all day telling people what to do and pissing people and off and no one does anything about it. In fact, they even try to protect her from failure and go to elaborate lengths to do so. Why? Why? Why?

It frustrates me because this show comes on after Good Times and What's Happenin, and I laugh my ass off at these shows. I remember watching them when I was little. They're funny and informative. Then comes Cheers, with the skinny blonde making everyone chase after her while they talk about her behind her back and kiss ass to her face. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm... you need to change the channel...
Young and the restless is awesome! SOAPS RULE!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of blogging, have you been to www.dooce.com?

MissJester said...

Ugh, I hate soaps, all that fake drama. Give me real drama anyday!!!! I haven't been to dooce all week, but I usually read her once a week or more. She's the greatest!