CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 02, 2006

What the FUCK?

I was out bowling tonight on my Wednesday night league (okay, I admit I am a geek) and I didn't hear my phone ring. Two hours later, while driving home from the grocery store, I realize I have voice mail on my phone. I call and it says I have two messages. This is what I hear:

FIRST MESSAGE:

Angie: Hey hun, it's me, just checking to see if you're around. Ethan and I are going out to Angelo's and wanted to know if you'd like to meet us for dinner. We'll be there in a few minutes and I guess I'll try and call you back later. Bye.

SECOND MESSAGE:

Angie: Well, I guess you didn't get my message, but I'm calling you anyways to tell you that we are going to go to Atlas instead because there's, uh, a guy here, a black guy, with cornrows..and he's dangling them, so, uh, we're going to leave. I guess I'll talk to you later.

Can anyone, ANYONE, tell me what the fuck that means? A black guy dangling his cornrows? What?? I don't get it. Does anyone else get it? Seriously. There are two things I need to know. Number one is, is a black guy with cornrows more threatening than any one else in the restaurant? and two: What does "dangling cornrows" mean? I am so confused. Please help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy monkey, Batman! That there is a conundrum!

MissJester said...

LOL, I guess I have to admit that I don't know what a conundrum is...see, you really ARE smarter than me, prettier than me, more sophisticated than me, etc....LOL!!!