CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Lil Ghetto House


I just got a phone call from the person who has decided to purchase my lil ghetto house on the Easside bitchez!!!!! (oops, sorry, that was a regression into my adolescence). I purchased this house from my Dad a year ago and poured a few thousand dollars ito it to try and make it a little nicer: new roof, new garage, new flooring, new kitchen counters, new fence. One of the renters' father died when he was very young and left him a lot of money. He is now able to access this money so he wants to buy my house. I DID try to talk him out of it but he was adamant. (Okay, maybe I didn't try very hard but I did try.) But how often do you come across a house in the ghetto that someone actually wants to buy? It is my childhood home and I am attached to it, but not that attached. I am willing to let it go for the price he wants to pay for it. Hell, I would let it go for less. My experience as a landlord has been frustrating but not without its rewards. However, I would prefer not to deal with it at all. And now I don't have to. Thank you JESUS!

This sale has been pending for a couple of months now and I really had my heart set on buying a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am, Bandit edition, complete with tee tops. But, *sigh*, I realized that I am a grown up and I have to do grown up things with the money. So I decided to pay off my credit card bills, take my cousin Andyro on a trip with me, and save the rest. The trip is going to be fun. Paying off the credit card bills is not, but I have to be big words like RESPONSIBLE and ADULT, not to mention DEBT FREE. I'll thank myself for it later.

By the way, the picture above is NOT my house, or any area near my house, although it does look quite similar to the East side of Flint. This is just a picture I snagged off the internet when I typed in "GHETTO HOUSE." My house looks much nicer than this. It's 1500 square feet, with a full finished basement, large screened in front porch, seperate laundry room, three bedrooms, and one bath. It also has a good sized backyard. The entire yard is fenced in and the garage is detached with a brand new roof. It was built in 1952. So it's old. But the tenants have taken awesome care of it over the years. We've been lucky enough to have the same tenants for twelve years. Thanks, guys! Sondra loves ya. Now if I could just get you to pay your fucking rent on time!

7 comments:

Santa said...

yo yo yo and a bag of dogshit, santa has returned from the depths of god-knows where, what up girl, missed ya, got you're comments posted and checking out the links you laid down, take it easy, I got a lot of catching up to do.
Have a good new year

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed out on that wonderful car. But why would you ever want to sell a house like that? It sounds like a charming little moneymaker.
Todd Vodka
www.blithelywego.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just love it when you mention me! I am so excited about our trip that I think I am getting a tan just sitting here! WOOHOO!!! Cozumel, here I come, baby!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember you living in that building when you were little... I am so confused. You lived in a little house in a little neighborhood with a parrot.

Anonymous said...

Your cousin Amber is the anonymous person above... FYI

Anonymous said...

She still has that parrot. He will outlive everyone.

MissJester said...

You know, he probably will. LOL