CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 12, 2005

Classic Sondra--Rising the Blog from the Dead





This is an entry from my old blog at Yahoo that I started when I first moved to Michigan. I thought my few readers would like it. (I love y'all!) The date on this is September 9th.

Since I already composed a list of things that piss me off, I thought I might now write a list of things that make me happy. It took forever. (Fuck you. I'm kidding.)

These are not in any order, by the way.

* Food. I love food. Any kind of food that I like makes me happy. Not for very long, because after I eat I berate myself up for about an hour. I should be eating salad.

* Listening to my XM radio instead of that jacked-up, bling bling, tuneless, talentless drivel that is on the radio. Matter of fact, I would probably shoot myself in the fucking eye if not for Ares and my XM.

* The song "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M. I call it "liquid happy in a bottle." How the hell can anyone listen to this song and not feel like dancing, even if its in the car? I always bounce around when it's on. Plus, I LOVE that woman's voice. I don't know her name, but she also did "Candy" with Iggy Pop and sang with the B52's. I am attracted to her because of her voice. It's amazing. The only other voice I have ever heard that compares with hers is Amy Lee from Evanescence. Plus, she's hot.

* Traveling makes me happy. I love to get out and see new things. When SG2 and I got married in Vegas, the wedding was merely a pause in what was nothing but a little vacation. I had never been there before so we spent most of our time there doing touristy things instead of gambling. I know better now. (R.I.P. Biloxi).

* Getting money in the mail. I love that, since I am not working right now. It's like Christmas when I open the mailbox and sitting there is an envelope with my name on it with MONEY INSIDE. I love it. And then I always go out and buy something that I don't need and that I can't afford, just to remind myself that life is short and I DESERVE THAT FUCKING NEW TOASTER, DAMMIT.

* My friends. My friends make me happy. I got the best damn friends in the world. Most of my friends have known me well over ten years, and it's fun kicking back with them and discussing the old times and reliving the past. Not that my past was all fun and games. It really wasn't. But these people know and understand me in ways that even SG2 doesn't. But I love him, too.

* I'm running out of things to say because my attention is being stolen from Ares. I am downloading a bunch of songs and I keep pausing in my writing to play them. Then I lose my train of thought, so then I try to remember what I was saying, and I can't, so I have to reread what I previously wrote, and then I remember, and then.....what the hell was I just talking about?


0 comments: