CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Issues

I am not having a good day. To begin with, I am extremely hormonal and aggressive, due to being back on Synthroid. Second of all, I have nothing to do. I kind of counted on hanging out with Lynn today, but when I called her yesterday she asked me if I wanted to hang out with James and Shawn, too. I said FUCK NO. We haven't been out on our own without James, Shawn, or Mike in forever. I kind of need her right now, because I am going through a lot, and I am NOT sharing with her fucking husband. It's bad enough I have to share it with mine. He doesn't understand it. Why should James be any different? So today goes by and no phone call. I am kind of pissed off, because I am the type of person that is there for my friends when they need me, no matter what. I have demonstrated this to her several times, or at least I thought I did. I guess I didn't, because now that I need someone, I don't have anyone. Yeah, I'm pissed off, thinking that I am not going to invest so much anymore. Not worth it, if this is how I'm going to spend my weekend.

Here's a phrase that REALLY gets on my nerves. Lots of people use it. Matter of fact, I blew up on my friend Chris when he said it yesterday and that's how I got to thinking about it. This is the phrase of all phrases. I HATE IT. Here's a scenario:

You're sitting on the phone, chatting with a friend who lives far away, and you're having a good conversation. All of a sudden, your friend says, "Hey man, I gotta go. I'm supposed to be SPENDING TIME with my husband/wife."

That absolutely makes my BLOOD BOIL. SPENDING TIME sounds too much like SERVING TIME to me. What the fuck is with all of these codependent motherfuckers that wanna cling to their spouse's apron strings as if their whole purpose of living and breathing on this planet is to SPEND TIME? Don't people spend enough TIME with each other or is it some kind of fucking marriage requirement that one spouse must ALWAYS have their head stuck up the other's ass? God, I hate it. SPENDING TIME is the worst thing you can say to me. I have enough to do. I shouldn't have to worry that I'm not licking enough ass.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course. Spouses in the military, spouses who work out of town, and even spouses like Mark, who is my cousin Andyro's husband, who works so much that he is rarely home and SPENDING TIME together is a treat for both of them. THAT is normal. Seeing your spouse every day but still feeling the need to shove your nose in their ass as far as it will go and sniffing until you inhale your nose hairs is NOT. Get a grip, people, and be independent. Love is not supposed to be like that. At least not for most people. You HAVE to have your own life.

So, for the LOVE of GOD, shut the fuck UP about SPENDING TIME. If I hear that phrase ONE MORE TIME from some codependent motherfucker, I swear to God I'll open fire on the public.

*Shawn, this was not intended for you. You've been good lately.

2 comments:

Santa said...

what up sondra ?, I'll be around most of the day today if you wanna chit chat, catch ya later

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are a hoot! I just love the shut the fuck UP thing... lol!

Hey, Thanks for taking me out of that mix.

Oh, I am taking the caddy in tonight for repairs. Someone backed into my taillight. BASTARD! I have to replace my trunk lid, my tail light, my bumper and my front bumper too!