CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

BABY ON THE WAY!!


Anyone who reads my journal with any regularity knows that my nephew's girlfriend, Ashley, is about to have a baby any day.

Today, at her weekly doctor appointment, the doctor examined her and said that she was dilated to 2 centimeters. He then said that, according to the last ultrasound, which was last week, the baby weighed approximately 7 lbs, 6 oz at this time. We were like WOW!

The, he asked her if she would like to be induced tomorrow. She asked a few questions and agreed. I had to take her to the hospital tonight, though. They gave her Ambien to help her sleep and are giving her something to cause her cervix to thin out and prepare for further dilation. At 6 AM, they will give her the oxytocin.

Her due date is not until April 7th, but the doctor was concerned that by then, the baby might be too large for her to deliver vaginally. He also said that sometimes the oxytocin will not work, and in that case, we'll have to try again in four days. Ashley is ready.

We are all so excited. I dropped them off at the hospital, came home, ate some soup, and now I'm going to try and rest for a while. I have to be back at the hospital by 6 AM. I have never seen a baby being born, nor do I know what it's like when labor is induced. I hope everything goes well for her. It should. And did I mention that I am sooo excited?

So I'll be sure to post it when Isabella Rose makes her appearance. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Santa said...

promise you WON'T post pictures of that event hmmmm okayyy, what up you ? sorry bout not getting back to you, I just had a "drama" tree come through my living room window and cause all sorts of real fucking day's of our lives bullshit, anyway, I'll be around, apparently I'll be around next week too, since I was SUPPOSED to take my vacation then, but anyway, hope everything comes out okay.....

MissJester said...

Aw, Santa..I'm sorry...no, I won't post any graphic pics, I promise :) I miss you too..I wanna hear about your "drama"..I had some too last night..I'll tell you about it...

Anonymous said...

HEY! Tell meeeeee tooooooo!!!

Or, is it about me?

Anonymous said...

SOOO!!! What is it?? Boy? Girl? Eunich? Just kidding ricky!
How big?