CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 06, 2007

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I didn't write about it in this blog yet because I didn't want to jinx myself, but I found an awesome job in the paper a few weeks ago. I sent a resume and went in for an interview. Then I went back for a second interview, and again for a third. To make a long story short, after much hand wringing and praying, I GOT THE PHONE CALL TODAY ASKING ME TO COME IN ON MONDAY AND START MY NEW JOB. HELL YEA!

This job comes with a whole new lease on life for me. For one thing, it's a fresh start to a career that I started five years ago and took a break from to pursue my degree. (And Bryan.) It pays extremely well, actually, it pays more than any job I've ever had in my life, and it's my second passion in life, first being social work. This is something I'm very good at, obviously, since I beat out several other people for the position. It's a public position, so I have to cover all my tattoos. LOL. Seriously, I am so elated right now. I had to compose myself when they told me what my salary is. It's way more than I expected. Of course, the job comes with new responsibilities, some of which I've never had before, but I am more than ready for the challenge. I am going to enter this new job with gusto. Sondra is back, bitches.

On another note, I heard a preview of a song by a band called "The Plain White T's". I downloaded some of their music and it was awesome. I'm gonna burn a new CD to listen to on my way to work on Monday morning. Check it out if you have a chance.

I'm off to do some shopping.

Cheerfully,
Mz. Bowailey


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job.
I bet you'll be great.
Miss ya.