CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 14, 2007

D Day

Well, the day has finally come. As of June 11, my divorce from Shawn is final. It makes me a little sad to think he is no longer my husband, but as everyone who knows us knows, it has been over for quite some time. We have managed to maintain somewhat of a friendship, due to the fact that he saw me through some of the worst times in my life. I think he was shocked at how incredibly hard I fell off, but he was always, always there to pick up the pieces. For that I will always have a degree of loyalty to him. The other day, I called him to ask him some general question and we chatted about nothing for about an hour. It's nice to have a sane, rational conversation with him because for the last year, I have been in almost constant crisis and he is usually the first person I would call.

He is much happier now. He is with someone who appreciates him and loves him entirely, and this he deserves more than anything. He has always been there with a quick $20, or more, lol, and has always been there for other things. I begged him to divorce me earlier this year, begged him to seperate himself from me legally, and he did. Now that it's actually final, I can't help but feel a little pang of sadness and a BIG pang of regret for what he had to endure from me. I know I will keep in touch with him for as long as possible, because he is a very good person, very kind and good hearted. Even though we've both moved on, part of him will remain with me for the simple fact that he was there to pick up the pieces when no one else would have anything to do with me. Thanks, Shawny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations, I think!

What else is new for you?

We are heading north for the holiday!

Anonymous said...

GAWD! What a boring day! Nobody is online, nobody wants to talk to me... nobody loves me at all!

Check your trackers and see if my mug still shows up as of today.