CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 15, 2006

MOMS, BEWARE!



In the last year, my daughter hit puberty and went through a big growth spurt, growing UP and OUT in places she didn't even know existed. She is now twelve years old and stands about five foot six and a half inches. She weighs about one hundred and thirty five pounds, and has grown OUT of her training bra.

This weekend I took her to the mall to go shopping for new clothes and I was amazed and not to mention disheartened at the sheer number of GROWN MEN who were checking her out. I don't mean just looking at her appreciatively; I mean CHECKING HER OUT. It pissed me off so bad. She is still a CHILD...she won't even be THIRTEEN until NOVEMBER. I understand that she looks older than she really is. (I took her with me to school one day and a twenty three year old criminology major suavely asked her what her "major" was. "Her major," snapped my friend Kindra immediately, "is junior high.") "Oh, my God, I am so sorry," he said and blushed deep red. I told him it was okay. Now I am seeing that that is happening all the time.

And she likes the attention. She admitted to me that she likes it. So I gave her a talking to about self esteem and loving yourself and blah blah blah. But I can't get the image of her prancing around the mall while men were drooling over her out of my mind. Frankly, it scares the shit out of me. I think I am going to start carrying Mace in my purse and a big fucking baseball bat in my car.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been getting that with Taylor for at least a year now. She hit puberty and BLAM! Grown men were yanking their necks around to look at her! Now she tells me that she has strange men approaching her in public asking her to MODEL!

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD I HAVE BOYS!!

Anonymous said...

Where are you, miss Sondra? You havent emailed me back or said Boo, kiss my ass, or have a nice day to me in a while! Getting offended!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sondra,
I just found out that Taylor is on hi5.com and I am not sure if her mom knows, so I emailed her... but this is just one more thing parents need to be worried about... internet!
Does Alexa get online at all?

MissJester said...

No, I don't really let her get online at all. She keeps asking me to let her create an account at MySpace because "all her friends are on it" but I have to give that some thought because I don't entirely trust PEDOPHILES. When she wants to get online, I sit and watch over her shoulder. LOL.