CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I just thought and thought and thought some more about what I should put for my first entry. It's kind of hard to concentrate right now because my ear is really hurting. I get chronic earaches and I can see that I am going to be sleeping with a hot water bottle tonight. Ech! And I had a headache all day, to boot.

Enough bitching. I have to tell you what I saw today. It was so unusual that I just have to share it.

I'm sitting in the car by myself, heading over to my grandmother's house. It's a decent day, I have the windows rolled down and the radio on. (OF COURSE). I am sitting at a red light. A car pulls up on my right, and the thumping of some mundane teenybopper shit rolls into my windows and pollutes my perfect world of Gary Neuman. (Think "CARS".) This annoys me slightly, so I turn my head with the intent of glaring at some poor hapless teenager who is only acting her age, and I get the SHOCK of my life.

It was a man.

You're thinking, "Well, so fucking what?" Well, it was a man all right, a hairy one too, wearing jeans and a tee shirt with a pocket on the front. His arms were hairy and he had chest hair poking out of his shirt. He was bopping his head in time to the music and kept checking his reflection in the rear view mirror.

He was also wearing a long, curly wig and pink lipstick.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me at first, so I simply stared. He was pursing his lips, presumably to freshen the lipstick, and the curls bounced on his shoulders. He was singing to the music, or maybe lip synching. I just kept on staring, thinking to myself, "That cannot possibly be a woman. There are no breasts. There is too much chest hair. Plus, the hair looks plastic and fake." There is no doubt it was a man.

Now, I am no stranger to cross dressers or gay people. My ex was a crossdresser and although I certainly didn't like it, I tolerated it. I tried to understand how a man could love the feel of tights under his jeans. BLACK tights, always black. And I was once with a woman for 4 years, and one of my closest friends is gay. I have no problem with it at all. But if he was going to go out in public like that, why not dress up? Why only put on half the outfit and go out? That's the part that struck me funny.

He never noticed me looking over at him, as he was too busy primping his fake hair, and when the light turned green I turned right and he turned left. I called my friend Lynn and left her a voice mail about what I had seen. I guess I had to validate it in some way. She wouldn't care about the fact that he was dressed up either, but why not go all the way? Hell, maybe he didn't want to. I'm not judging. It was just strange.

About two hours later she called back and said, "So, you saw a guy wearing a wig and lipstick?" We had a good laugh as I told her the story.

Speaking of weird, I also feel compelled to mention that my gay friend, who I referred to couple of paragraphs ago, invited me to join her team on a lesbian bowling league. I am not that great of a bowler, but I think bowling is great fun, so I agreed. I will be doing this every Friday night at 6. Last night was my first night and it was great. I didn't bowl all that well (out of 3 frames my highest score was 103) but I had fun anyway. Lee, my friend, is the best bowler on our team. Her best friend is on our team as well, and she bowls like I do. We spent the night giving each other high fives and bitching when we got gutterballs. (heh heh). The alley was full of lesbians. It was fun. The only problem I have is the name of the team: the MANGINAS. Yes, as in "I am all out butch lesbian and I have a man-gina." I don't quite fit that category, but who cares? Lee thought up the name and I love her for it because that's just so incredibly HER. As long as I don't have to wear a shirt with that name on the back of it, it'll be all good.

0 comments: