CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 08, 2007

What's Up


I took this picture about three and a half years ago. Shawn and I were driving over to his parent's house and suddenly this little guy jumped out of the vent and into his lap. He didn't like that too much, and after I stopped laughing hysterically, I pulled over to try and help the little guy go back to nature. He didn't want to, so when we got to Shawn's parent's house, I recruited Alexa to get him out of the car. She showed absolutely no fear, coaxed the little guy out of the car, and didn't even complain when he peed in her hand. She set him out in the grass and away he went. I still wonder how he got in the car in the first place? I took this picture while we were parked because he jumped back into the air conditioning vent so we turned the air on full blast and he got stuck. Poor guy.

This week was interesting. Last Sunday night I had an attack of pain on my right side that was so intense and so painful that I couldn't breathe or speak. I walked around in circles, thinking it might be gas, but it didn't go away so I laid down on the couch on my stomach and it kind of went away a little bit. I felt drained and shitty afterward, so on Tuesday when I went to work, I worked a half a day and then came home and slept half the afternoon. On Wednesday morning, I woke up all tied up with anxiety, thrashing and tossing and turning, still not feeling well. I was crying hysterically so Bryan called my boss and told her that he was taking me to the ER. When we got there they hooked me up to all kinds of machines and put oxygen in my nose. Once they figured out that I didn't suffer a minor heart attack, as was originally thought, they determined through a urinalysis that I am having trouble with my gallbladder, which would explain the attack of pain I had. They gave me some medicine but I have to follow up with it. I spent the rest of the day Wednesday in bed and when I woke up Thursday I had some of my energy back. The last two days of the work week were uneventful but I am looking forward to going back on Monday so I can get myself back on track.

Eating is no longer fun, because certain things cause me a lot of pain. I don't know yet what to avoid, besides the obvious, like fast food, so it's kind of trial and error. I had steak and salad the other day and that really caused me some pain, but not until 2:00 in the morning. Let me tell you how much fun that was. I am getting really sick of all these medical problems but they're all piling up because I don't have medical insurance yet so I'm just kind of neglecting myself until I can afford my medications and the doctor visits. My energy level is very low, I have headaches a lot, and I am really swelling up from not having my thyroid medicine. I am not gaining any weight, however, I do look like I am because I am retaining so much water. I weigh myself about once a month and I have gained nine pounds since I've been in Florida but THAT'S IT. The reason why I'm not gaining huge amounts of weight right now is because I am off of my prescribed mood stabilizer, and that particular medicine does cause dramatic weight gain. Too bad I know this now instead of four years ago when I began taking it regularly. I gained something like 70 pounds or so, but I've lost most of that since I quit taking it. I am struggling with it right now because I know I am supposed to be taking something, but I just can't afford it, so as soon as my insurance kicks in, which will be early next month, I'll be making appointments all over the place. I really can't wait. Not only that, but I finally have dental coverage so I'll be getting my teeth professionally cared for for the first time in...fourteen years? Yeah, fourteen years. W O W. I guess I better get over the fear of dentists, because I'll bet you anything that a few painful procedures are ahead of me.

Well, that's it for an update for now.

Later,
Mz Bowailey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just got a notice that your blog has been updated...but it says "forbidden" on it for some reason... weird, huh?

Anonymous said...

Are you online right now? Did you ever download/upload that ABP thing I was telling you about? I hope so because I wanna have you look at something.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Have you fallen off the face of the earth?

You dont write, you dont call... I am thinking you dont love me!

Sniffle sniffle....

Your cousin

Anonymous said...

You are really sucking at keeping up with this site lately.